AVIC411.com

New F Series Update Coming Soon!

So first off this is just what I heard from a friend who called Pioneer regarding the new update so if any is wrong don't get mad cause its not for sure just what was said according to him. So he as well as myself both have a AVIC-F900BT and he said he called Pioneer the other day and they said that they have been working on the update extensively and hope to release it mid/late october and that it will fix most of the current problems we have been experiencing as well as "cutting the boot time almost in half", just what I heard so have hope and not sure if its 100% true just thought you all would like to know. :D

I'm sharpening my pitchfork now just incase your're wrong :wink::lol:

As for the fear of the blue box fix, I'm a computer noob as well, but if you know how to navigate around a PC you can do this. If you want I have a data.zip with only the blue box fix. PM me if you want to get rid of those boxes, I'll send you the file and walk you through it too.

I guess it's a bit early for this question, but I've been wondering if some of the wonderful fixes, developed for us by some of our intrepid users, will conflict with the next upgrade?

I don't mean to exacerbate your state of fragility, stdcss01, we can all empathize :)

just wondering...

They probably will. Most of the hacks and fixes are within the data.zip file, so if the new upgrade has a new data.zip, our modded one will be over-written.

Then the upgrade may be worth having to do the hacks over again.

One thing I would suggest however, being that there are rumors of Pioneer adding a test mode lock on the upgrade, is to have someone on this forum who really doesnt care much for the hacks, upgrade it and see if they can still get into test mode before any of us hackers add the new update. That way we know for sure before it's too late. Im sure its just a rumor, but you never know.

Then the upgrade may be worth having to do the hacks over again.

One thing I would suggest however, being that there are rumors of Pioneer adding a test mode lock on the upgrade, is to have someone on this forum who really doesnt care much for the hacks, upgrade it and see if they can still get into test mode before any of us hackers add the new update. That way we know for sure before it's too late. Im sure its just a rumor, but you never know.

Well, if need be, I' more than willing to try the latest upgrade and then see if I can boot into test mode...

The fact that the unit is still the boss's property helps in this matter :P

ADG