AVIC411.com

ok need help on installing in to a 2005 chevy truck

ok this is what i am working with. i bought a d3 from ebay and then had to buy the power cable from another person on ebay. but that is all i have nothing else.

questions

1. what else do i need for the install

2. and will just this work for the install for what i have

3. now is there anyway i can just connect the mute wire to the the radio its self with out the rca's for the hack to work.

and is there anyone that has done the same thing with there install in a 2005 chevy silverado.

now i have seen another install with pics but i don't have the wheel control or boss sound system. please help

mounting kit---check

gmos-01data bus interface ----check

and the plastic pices removed as of yesterday--- check

now mainly the questions i have now it the gmos-01 data bus interface

it shows that it has the vss wire on it and the parking break wire and reverse wire also with in the gmos-01 that i got at c city today but will i be able to do the bypasss for the d3

so if i am right i can connect the vss wire and it will work and the reverse wire to it. now for what i have seen could i leave the pbreak wire off and just do the by pass just like i have seen. but another flaw in the plan i don't have the rca's so what i think i could do is to make a wire and put it in the place of it on the radio it self and then do the bypass.

Description

for GM 2000-2007

HIGH LEVEL INPUT NON-BOSE/PREMIUm

$100. at Cir City

Product Specifications

-USB update interface compatible

-For non-amplified audio systems

-Retains Onstar w/adjustable volume output

-Retains chime w/adjustable volume output

-Retains RAP feature

- :shock::shock: Navigaion outputs now included :shock::shock:

the GMOS-01 interface is designed to allow the user to replace the OEM radio with an aftermarket unit in non-amplified GM vehicles and retain full functionality of the Onstar system as well as all safety and warning chimes. The GMOS-01 will also retain the retained accessory power convenience features. This interface has the capability of adjusting chime and Onstar volumes as well. In addition to these features, the GMOS-01 now has the required outputs for the installation of a navigation radio.

post-22796-12872755552432_thumb.jpg

ok sorry i get ahead of my self sometimes. now i bought the d3 from ebay with just the unit. no wires. so i bought the power wire and speaker wire harness. now i have yet to get the Rca's bought.

so what i have is the D3 and the power harness only no nav disks no gps ant.

so the question was can i take a wire, one wire and make it the mute wire and place it where it should be for the bypass to work hook a single wire to the head unit and it work for the bypass.

if i have looked at the placement for the mute wire should be and where it gets moved too. then it should be the first bottom left pin where the rca's hook into. and that i should be able to complete the bypass as if i had all the original wires could do.