AVIC411.com

AVIC f900bt Ipod Cable Faulty?

Hi Everyone,

I got my f900bt installed yesterday and overall are very happy with it, but for some reason when I select Ipod as the the souce, it plays ok but the sound level is nowhere near as loud as other souces and the RHS speaker hardly even works at all, its like someone has moved the balance to the left, if i move the balance about 8-10 to the right the levels are about the same, but the quality is bad and the volume is very soft.

I had the Stereo installed professionally, so I doubt it has been wired in wrong and as mentioned other sources play fine, just wondering if other people might have an idea to the cause of the problem, I really hope the unit is not faulty as I had a hard time even finding someone with one in stock when I brought the unit as they have only just been released here in Aus.

I had a similar problem with my RCA harness. The negative pin of my front left RCA had pulled out of the harness. The sound was much quieter on that speaker.

Have the professional installer pull the stereo back out and check to make sure all the pins are seated and in place, with no broken tabs. When I wiggled the harness the sound would come back, and then go away when I tried to put it back into my dash.

The actual Ipod harness was fine, except for the turning off when I hit a bump problem. I think it may be loose at the USB connection... I think I may have to attach my ipod to my glove box with velcro.

:D Thanks jrdiesel,

I decided to check out the plug you mentioned and sure enough the ground for the RHS AV1 had come loose, it took me a while to get the pin back in as i wasn't sure which way up it was meant to be, but I finally got it working and all is well, I would just like to say thanks for the Tip you saved me having to take the Car back to the Installer. If you were in Aus I'd buy you a Beer. LOL

Thanks Again