AVIC411.com

F series start up time

My D3 was stolen out of my car 3 weeks ago. Along with all the ipod control cable, xm module, and bluetooth module. my insurance is covering my items since i have full coverage. I was thinking of maybe getting the new F series but i'm worried about the start up time i've been reading. How long does it take? is the f series worth it compared to the D3 or maybe even a Z series. Thanks for your guys help

The boot time is about 45 seconds to full functionality, but you have ipod or radio control after about 20. I don't even notice the long boot up time anymore, music kicks in before a block's length, and I drive slightly over the S.L. As a former Z series owner, I felt the F series was a step up, and I never liked the idea of nav discs. But everyone is different, as some will recommend it, and some will tell you to run the other way. goto Pioneer's site compare the Z and F, and find what suits your needs more.

I like my F700 even with the start up time. I've gotten into the habit of switching to FM when I park as that kicks in sooner the the iPod, then I just switch over to that no big deal.

The biggest problem I have with the startup is if I want to put in a destination right away as that can take about a minute or so before it is fully functional. But all in all, I don't mind it enough to not recommend the F series to you.

IMO the start up time is not a big deal, given the other +s of the F's. No backup cam immediately, which you'll notice if you have one, is annoying. Most people can wait the 10-20 secs for music.

Where I find it still drives me crazy: Let's say I'm picking someone up --I pull over and turn off the car - the head unit stays on and I still have tunes - I'm listening, maybe changing sources, grooving - then, my friend hops in the car - I start the ignition, then s*&%t, the system reboots - so I haven't gotten out of my car but the continuity is interrupted.

That it happens is understandable. When it happens is, well, a PIA.

But lots to like.