AVIC411.com

Bought a new AVIC-F900, interesting note

Option 3: Gremlins did it while you were not looking.

This is plausible. Perhaps the F series have gremlins confused. Their DNA encourages them to break things. In the case of the F series, maybe they think all the things that aren't working are actually working properly, so they end up fixing them.

just a theory of course...

• 1 year later...

i bought an avic f900 and am not happy, it will charge my iphone when it feels like it, it will drop all audio to left channel and ill have to disconnect, reconnect (only on ipod, iphone), i can pause the song and hear heaps of static (both ipod and usb), why when i make a phone call does it automatically go to map,why is there only 1 aux plug on the back of the deck and you need it for your ipod (i have hitv f@#kers) now i have to have that shit hanging out the front of my unit, if i am sitting there with acc on and then start the car the unit has a spazzy and the touch screen wont work anymore, i hear the new firmware fixes some of these issues but cause i didnt register the unit pioneer want me to pay $300+ for it, after i bought prs171 splits, 6" bassalts for the rear, tsw prs 12" sub, prs1200m monoblock and prs4100 4 channel. i have heard all sorts of other problems with these units aswell such as bluetooth not working and nav not talking all because a 2 channel amp was running 2 pair of speakers parallel, disconnect a pair and it was fixed.... the avic f900 has serious issues, i shouldnt have sold my hd311. and thats all i can think of that is wrong with this particular unit except the fact that i takes almost a whole minute to start up, it doesnt come with a remote, its not compatable with the cat10 steering wheel interface module, it will play a small handfull of divx files on dvd but not cd or through usb, the operation manuel is on a disc but not a format the unit will understand. i would swap it for a avhp6050dvd in a heartbeat and then just get a navman so at least when i input a destination and go there i can listen to my music without the music pausing everytime the voice tells me where to turn, even if i turn the nav volume all the way down. i would hate to think what would happen if i was listening to music while being navagated while having a conversation on hands free and my headlights automatically came on, i think the unit would explode and even if i had a reverse camera and was reversing at the same time... ka-blammo, all i am suggesting is unless you get an f10 dont get anything, thats what ill be getting after i put my fist through the avic frustration 900 and thats if i can forgive pioneer for producing such a piece of crap... yes sir $1999 and all this could be yours

• 3 months later...

i bought an avic f900 and am not happy, it will charge my iphone when it feels like it.................

I picked up my f900bt 2nd hand and shortly after updated to the FX3.1 firmware. After that, everything worked like a charm. iphone works every time.

Not sure what you meant by only 1 AV set, there are 3, one for ipod, one rear cam, and one optional. Could you have the right channel hooked to another set?