AVIC411.com

Custom double din kit and bluetooth issues?

So I finally got the F90-BT installed in my 2003 Pathfinder LE. I had to order the original OEM stereo brackets to get it installed. I still have a couple of remaining issues that I'm hoping someone on here may have experience with or thoughts on how to address them.

1) I have a Samsung Gleam from Verizon (SCH-u700) that has worked in the past with my brother's Infiniti and my own bluetooth headset. However, when I pair it with the F90 the phone will connect but then all operations on the phone are horrendously slow. After a few minutes, the phone just completely "reboots" itself and I'm back to square one. I do not have any such issues with my work provided AT&T Blackberry. I've already gone to Verizon for a firmware upgrade but it didn't help. Anyone else have this phone with this issue?

2) The 2003 Pathfinder LE has a very odd dash opening as the right side "slants" out moving from the bottom corner to the top corner. I haven't found any premade Double DIN dash kits for the 2003 Pathfinder LE online anywhere. Myer-Emco won't create one unless you have them install the entire unit so that's a no go. Any other ideas? I may look in to a shop to see if they can fix the horrendous gaps I have right now but was wondering if anyone on here has fabricated their own and if they had advice on how to go about that?

Other than that, the unit is a bit slow to boot but seems to work fairly well after that. I'm sure that with some additional software fixes from Pioneer the unit will end up being fairly solid.

I have a bluetooth phone rebooting problem with my Verizon Boulder phone using my Kenwood DNX8120. Latest firmware. Contacted Kenwood, but they assured me it was the phone. Guess Verizon is doing something wacky with their Bluetooth profiles. I'll have to try to reach out to them, but I think I'm not going to get too far.

Thanks for the replies. I actually meant to post this in the troubleshooting forum but had a brain fart.

In any case, I got the bluetooth issue solved by getting a new phone - same model, just a replacement. I then paired it using one of the existing Samsung phone options and it seems to work just fine now. Even transferred the phonebook over. Been writing software for over 10 years now and it never ceases to amaze me as to the flakiness you can see...

civicdrvr - thanks for the link. I'll check them out and see if they can help.

superject - The Metra kit won't work for the 2003 Pathfinder LE. It will for the SE, but not the LE with Bose. The opening is non-standard. I've looked everywhere and no one makes a double din kit for my car, only single din.