AVIC411.com

f700bt microphone problem

alrite, so i installed the f700bt in my car this past weekend, everything works great...except for the micro phone.

when my phone (or any phone) is connected with the f700bt, everything works as normal, except the person on the other line can not hear anything that i say, or anything at that. i took out the dash to make sure it was pulled in right, i have the latest updates, i just dont know whats wrong. is this a common problem? do you think it's software problem or just the mic?

May sound crazy, but are you certain you have the microphone plugged in all the way? If so, I would try another microphone and see if it's that or in the unit itself.

It could be that, and you may even have it in the wrong input. There's 2 identical jacks that the mic can plug into and the wrong one is for steering wheel control adaptors. Either way you should take the unit out and be absolutely sure.

Also do not roll the excess wire up.

i use a nokia with at&t, but ive tried it on serval different phones.

lol the first thing i did was take it all out to see if it was in the wrong input but it wasnt.

its not working with the voice commands either.

anddd, i will try it out with a different mic asap and get back to u guys on it

btw do i not roll up the wire for a magnetic field short or something like that lol?

I have the same problem in the past because in the instalation I smashed the microphone hire against the roof of the car, the resolt was the same as yours, I can ear but the other person can't ear me.

after I discovered the problem and change the hire to other position, everything goes ok.

so please check all the hire passing and see if it isn't something similar to my problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

same problem here. installed the 700bt on friday, mic didnt work, checked on sat, properly plugged in and cable not problem as stretched out to avoid any coiling issues

Tried both nokia and windows mobile phones. Neither worked.

Plugged mic direct to nokia! And the mic worked fine.

So, not phone, not mic.

Re-installed. still no joy.

R

weird. after unplugging and replugging 1/2 dozen times now works. Never moved mic position, or changed wire coiling or blurtooth settings, or phone volume or bluetooth or mic. and yes it looked like it was plugged in properly!

might be why the answer was not on the forum and most of the mic discussions go away is because after mucking around and wiggling wires it starts to work.