AVIC411.com

How do you use the equalizer in N4?

The equalizer in your AVIC is a parametric equalizer, which means that you can not only control the amplitude(volume) of each selected band, but the center frequency, as well. The "Q" refers to the affected bandwidth of your controllable equalization band.

Physically speaking, Q is 2π times the ratio of the total energy stored divided by the energy lost in a single cycle or equivalently the ratio of the stored energy to the energy dissipated per one radian of the oscillation.

Equivalently (for large values of Q), the Q factor is approximately the number of oscillations required for a freely oscillating system's energy to fall off to 1 / e2π, or about 1/535, of its original energy.

When the system is driven by a sinusoidal drive, its resonant behavior depends strongly on Q. Resonant systems respond to frequencies close to their natural frequency much more strongly than they respond to other frequencies. A system with a high Q resonates with a greater amplitude (at the resonant frequency) than one with a low Q factor, and its response falls off more rapidly as the frequency moves away from resonance.

Would you like to know more?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wait, lemme get this straight. Once you set up a band on your EQ(freq, Q, and amplitude), and move to the next band for adjustment, the previous settings change on their own?

Yes. It is just nuts to me. I have done the video bypass if that makes any difference. I am gonna try to check the forum more often, sorry.