AVIC411.com

Channel logos messed up today?

I am running the 2008 map update disc on a D3. Today, I noticed that The Boneyard and Squizz are no longer showing logos on the D3's screen. Others, like Liquid Metal, Fred, XMU, etc are showing.

Did XM change their channel IDs so that the D3 doesn't recognize them anymore? I have a D3 in each of my vehicles, and both of them have lost logos from The Boneyard and Squizz (and probably others but that's all I checked). Yet both show logos for Fred, Liquid Metal, XMU.

I even swapped discs between vehicles and the problem stayed with the car. However, I did get The Boneyard logo for a while in my truck, but after about 10 minutes it changed to the generic XM logo. I even pushed the reset button on one of the D3s but it made no difference with the lost logos.

Anyone else seeing this?

I see XM updated some channels yesterday which might explain this. Also, I see that the xL designation is gone from the description on The Boneyard and Squizz. If the D3 is matching up on channel name and is looking for "xL The Boneyard" and "xL SquiZZ", then it won't have a match for the logos.

Anyone know if there's a file on the disc that can be edited to reflect changes to channel descriptions to get the logos back?

So nobody else is bothered by the missing channel logos?

I did examine the disc and found a control file that I think describes what logo goes to what channel. Sure enough, the dropping of "xL" from Bone Yard and Squizz is probably what's causing the logos to go away. The control file shows "xL Bone Yard" and "xL Squizz", etc. I would assume that any channel that used have "xL" in front of it and no longer does will revert to the generic XM logo.

I am going to attempt to edit this file and re-burn the disc with the channel descriptions updated to see if I get my logos back. Probably right after I do this XM will put the xL back in the descriptions, but if not I think this should work.

I ended up editing the IMAGETBL.DAT with a hex editor to remove the "xL" from the description of Bone Yard and SquiZZ, then reburned the disc and I got my logos back!

Not that it's a big deal, it just annoyed me enough that I wanted to see if I could fix it myself.

For anyone else who might be interested, I'll attach the file in case you'd like to reburn your own disc to fix these two logos.

Of all the stations I checked, these are the only two that seemed to lose their "xL" designation with the channel switch earlier this week. It's just that these are probably the two channels I listen to the most so it was noticeable to me.

The file goes in the XMDAT directory off the root of the DVD.

NOTE: I made this file by modifying the file from the 2008 Map disc. I have no idea if this will work on the older discs!

IMAGETBL.DAT

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering why they seemed to work then not from time to time. Wish I had the skill to update those files. Looks like there will be lots of shuffling with the addition of Best of Sirius channels also.

I added best of Sirius and could not pick them up in Category Mode, had to switch to All mode before I could tune them in directly.

• 5 months later...

Since XM and Sirius merged, I've lost logos to most of my preset channels. Since Squizz and Ethel and the like don't exist anymore, I don't get the logos for their replacement channels....Octante, Alt nation, etc. I still get the logo for 202 Virus, but that's about it. it seems like this all happened with the merger. I usually have the NAV disc in, but that's not fixing the issue. Do i have to edit the .dat file to take care of this? or is there something else i can do?