AVIC411.com

Hey guys - I am having some problems doing the wiring with my Z2 and I am hoping someone can help.

The wiring harness for my car has a blue/white amp turn on wire coming from it. The Z3 manual (I upgraded my Z2 => Z3) says on page 15 that RCA connector 1 should have a matching blue/white wire attached that I would connect it to.

My problem is that my RCA Connector 1 has no blue/white wire... It only has RCA plugs (L/R Front speaker, L/R Rear speakers, L/R 'subwoofer or non-fading output', and L/R AUdio in, video in).

Am I missing something? I can't for the life of me find the blue/white wire anywhere on the Z2s harnesses.

Also - my black power supply connector has 8 speaker wires coming out of it. I assume I do not need to use these if I am using the RCA connectors from RCA connector 1 to hook into my harness. Only short coming is that the aftermarket harness I have isn't really made for my car, and it only has RCA cables for L/R Front/Rear. No RCA plugs for the sub. My car however does have a sub and have wires available. Can I cut the sub RCA cables and directly connect the +/- wires into my car?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Damn. Mine definitely does not have those wires (the mute or the amp on). I have attached the photo of the Z2 RCA connector 1 harness I received with mine.

Mine was second hand so it is possible those two wires were yanked. There are two empty pi/wire slots on the harness, on the leftmost side (beside the right audio input wires). However i can see on the HU that there are pins for those two slots. I assume that one is the unnecessary mute wire and one is the amp on. Any idea which on the amp on is? That way I can put a wire in there myself rather than having to order a whole new harness. I tried searching for a pin-out diagram of the Z2 connectors to no avail.

The sub does have an amp, however it is the same amp that the speakers go through. the Metra harness I am using has rca plugs for the 4 speakers, allowing me to plug them into the amp, but does not have ones for the sub.

Thx.

post-22030-12872755640876_thumb.jpg

post-22030-12872755648014_thumb.jpg

The second missing wire is the yellow/black mute wire. It was most likely moved to connector 2 for the 2 wire bypass...

Other possible wires that could be moved and used in place of hte blue/white:

Blue wire in the power connector: only used if you have a power antenna or antenna booster.

Violet/white wire (reverse) if you are not planning on installing a backup camera.

I can't help with your sub wiring without knowing how the speakers/amp are configured.

Garret, you are the man.

I will use the 'guide on' lead in place of the blue/white wire.

What exactly is the guide on lead meant for? Mute an external device when the nav voice comes on?

I am installing it in a 2004 Land Rover Discovery, which I hear from everyone at the local A/V shops & land rover forums is notoriously bad to try and integrate an aftermarket system with. Apparently their amp is very proprietary and you lose the sub functionality. I will play around a bit and see what happens. Worst case scenario is I just redo the wiring from scratch and ignore the OEM wiring.

Cheers! :D

Yellow/black (GUIDE ON)

When combining this navigation unit with the

multi-channel processor system, connect this

lead to yellow/black lead on the multi-channel

processor controller unit. In this way, when the

mute signal is output from this navigation

system, the audio volume is automatically

muted or attenuated.

Hey guys, I have a similar problem and tried your advice posted above. Here is my situation:

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300 and I bought the Metra CHTO-01 adapter harness to install my AVIC-Z2. I have made all of the wiring connections except for 1:

The CHTO-01 says to connect its blue/white wire to the radio's amplifier turn-on wire. On the Z2 unit I cannot find the amplifier turn-on wire, and there is no sound in my car speakers. The weird thing is that I have also installed an amp/sub in the trunk previously and connected it into the wiring for the rear speaker for a signal. The sub works now, but the speakers inside the car don't. I tried connecting the blue/white wire from the CHTO-01 to the blue wire in Connector 1 that is labelled "System Remote Control", but it is the same situation.

When I play a dvd I only get sound in the sub. When I use the radio (AM or FM) I don't even get the sound in the sub.

I tried changing the settings you guys talk about in this post but no luck.

ANy suggestions?

Thanks,

Samz