AVIC411.com

Hot Wires (Red) or Battery (yellow)

err Im just coming in, in the middle here, but uhh.....

1st off if youre connecting an amp the amp should be connected directly to the battery and then there should be a wire that turns the amp on which should be connected to a wire thats only hot when the HU is on (I "think" theres a yellow wire on the HU somewhere for that)

anyways Id need to know what exact wires youre trying to hook up etc to give you "good" advice about "properly" hooking them up.

One thing I know... twisting a bunch of wires together including an amp power wire is uhh NOT A GOOD IDEA. Thats what causes cars to be on the side of the road on fire. Ever seen one of those?

err Im just coming in, in the middle here, but uhh.....

1st off if youre connecting an amp the amp should be connected directly to the battery and then there should be a wire that turns the amp on which should be connected to a wire thats only hot when the HU is on (I "think" theres a yellow wire on the HU somewhere for that)

Correct. That would be the remote line and is normally blue with a white stripe. If your headunit does not have one then it would be the power antenna line.

anyways Id need to know what exact wires youre trying to hook up etc to give you "good" advice about "properly" hooking them up.

+1. I hope you're not trying to hook up an amp to those other lines. A clean solution could be a terminal stripas well.

One thing I know... twisting a bunch of wires together including an amp power wire is uhh NOT A GOOD IDEA. Thats what causes cars to be on the side of the road on fire. Ever seen one of those?

Good advice

Answered in quote some..

As already mentioned by some others, Heat shrink and solder is your friend. A terminal strip works wonders as well and cleans up nicely. :)

Thanks for the info guys, I do not have the amp included in that, i have it to one wire which is a blue and white stripe.

What does a terminal strip look like? Where is the best place to get all of these elctrical connection at, somewhere on line or what particular store. I looked at radio shack and their stuff did not look so good, their wire taps are terrible.

A terminal strip has screws on each side where you can attach a wire to one side and then the wire connected to the screw on the other side has a connection through a metal strip.

Something like this...

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-st ... P/-/1.html

Not that Im recommending that site or that particular part, but just so you get an idea. This kind of thing is a good option for people that can't soldier. Just make sure the strip is not exposed so the wiring can't short out against anything.