AVIC411.com

Posted this in the XM forum but figured I'd post here too since this one seems to be more active.

Just installed the XM module for the F90BT. I can get the radio id and the preview channels, and I called them to active it. Problem is, it won't activate. I'm going to try again tomorrow or Friday but wanted to see if anyone had a similar issue and if so what the cause might have been. I'm trying to avoid having to send the XM (GEXP920) unit back since it'll be a PITA.

Can the antenna be "bad" and still receive the basic preview channels? Could the unit function but not activate?

Everything else with the F90 is working just fine at this point so this is really my last hurdle in what has been a painful experience... Thanks in advance.

antenna is outside the car. I previously had an older XM unit and Pioneer head unit and so the new antenna/xm unit are mounted in the same places where I had the old one professionally installed.

I left the unit on for almost 45 minutes yesterday. I'm going to try calling XM to have them send the activation again rather than relying on sending a refresh myself. Other than that, I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the issue short of buying a new unit and seeing if that resolves it...