AVIC411.com

Phantom phonecall on startup

First of all, hello everyone and thanks for all the help I've gotten from this board just via lurking. :)

Now, to my problem (I did a search, but I didn't find anything except a few things on the Z board which weren't related) Apologies if I missed something.

On startup, After the nav system initializes, my xm or ipod (whatever I was listening to when I stopped the car) will start to play for a split second and then the bluetooth will kick in as if I got a call. The call screen will pop up but there is no number provided. And the pickup/hangup buttons do nothing. I can either wait for it to go away on it's own or I can hit the menu buttons to navigate back to music. If I get a call after this has happened the phonecall screen will not pop up, but if I hit the answer button on my phone the bluetooth system works fine. If I make a call, everything is fine.

I don't think it's the install, because I've been having this problem for a while, and since I've started having this problem, I've pulled out the system from the car and moved it into another car. The D3 is bypassed, if that makes a difference...

I don't think it's the xm receiver, because I've been having the problem since before I got it.

The phone I have is an AT&T tilt with jetware installed, if that makes any difference. It's the only phone paired to the system and I haven't tried any other phones...

Any ideas? Everything is functioning fine, it's a great system... but this is kinda annoying.

Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem with My tytn2 except that sometimes it seems to freeze. I have just changed from a parrot bluetooth kit which used to have the same problem, but pressing the hangup button would sort it.

bmatlock00, I will trying switching the data connection off and see if that helps.

My tilt also used to freeze for no reason and would not wake up out of sleep mode and the only way to wake it up was to pull the battery or hit the reset button on the bottom. That is why I got rid of it after 3 phones. The tilt could be a nice phone with some better design, like making the screen easier to work with your fingertips instead of the stylus, because using the stylus isnt always that handy. I got an iphone and I am a lot happier with it, except you cannot transfer the phonebook to the d3 with it, but its worth it. Also if you want to upgrade, the iphone is probably the only upgrade compared to the Tilt because the tilt has so many features if they would just work right. And yes i am talking about a connection open to the internet, not active sync.

• 2 weeks later...