AVIC411.com

2008 West ftp d/l is available here!

Heh... no offense taken ;)

First I extracted the UIF to ISO. I made a custom background and threw that on there too. Then I burned the ISO to DVD. The ISO looks valid and various programs have no problems reading the files on it, but in the car, I just get that error on startup and that's it.

You don't have to do anything special with the DVD, right? Insert DVD, turn car off and back on, and wait for bootup, right?

I didn't do anything other than change the burn speed to 4x in Alcohol 120. I also extracted with 7z, both were the free trial versions. I did here of problems with WinZip and Winrar not being updated versions.

Is your D2, or was it currently using the 60 series disc? There might be a problem with upgrading from 70 to 80 on those units.

I can't imagine the extraction is causing the problem - just sounds a bit far fetched. I did hear someone talking about the idea that the upgrade might not work from the 70 series. Can you downgrade? I've never tried. I could throw the 60 series disc in and see what happens but I've been running the 70 series for some time.

Other people with problems - are you all running 70 series? Did anyone with 70 series make it work?

there are two disks out:

the N5 disk (which comes with the N5)

and the actual CNDV-80MT.

the only one circling right now, (and the one this thread was for) is the N5. the N5 disk will only work for the D3, D4, & N5; that is it.

the actual CNDV-80MT will work with the:

AVIC-N1, AVIC-N2,

AVIC-N3, AVIC-N4, AVIC-D1, AVIC-D2, AVIC-D3,

AVIC-88D, AVIC-80D, AVIC-90D, AVIC-9DVD.

as you can see the CNDV-80MT is the disk most of us NEED, quite a few people have gotten these disks yet there not sharing i think the reason for this is:

most people don't know theres a difference. So most the people with the actual CNDV-80MT disks think theres already some out there, so they don't bother to upload them themselves.

And most the people that need them (say the D@ or N3 users), don't know that they actually need them; they download the N5 disk and keep posting saying that it didn't burn right, or that there navi won't update. And everyone keeps replying to them that they must have use the wrong burning program, or burned it in the wrong format.

And since the people that need the actual CNDV-80MT disks don't know that they need them, so they don't ask for them, further increasing the problem.

So for anyone with the actual disk please share! FTP, Torrent, ECT...