AVIC411.com

No Sound out of Avic-Z2 After Install in Chrysler 300

Hey guys, I have a 2006 Chrysler 300 and I bought the Metra CHTO-01 adapter harness to install my AVIC-Z2. I have made all of the wiring connections but I have no sound out of my car speakers (I have sound coming out of the amp/sub previously installed in the trunk - which is weird because it takes its signal from the rear speakers)

The CHTO-01 says to "connect its blue/white wire to the radio's amplifier turn-on wire". On the Z2 unit I cannot find the amplifier turn-on wire. I tried connecting the blue/white wire from the CHTO-01 to the blue wire in Connector 1 that is labelled "System Remote Control", but it does not change.

When I play a dvd I get video playback but only get sound in the sub (not in the car speakers). It is the same for the radio.

I tried changing the settings in the AV - System Settings menu so that the Ant always has Power but no change.

ANy suggestions?

Thanks,

Samz

Hi CatchMeIfYouCan,

I tried changing the setting from Power to Radio and back and either one didn't work. It seems like there is no power going to the speakers (one of my coworkers looked at the setup and offered that opinion).

Garrettoomey, sorry for the multiple postings, and thanks, in advance, for looking into this problem.

Thanks guys!

Hey guys, I have a 2006 Chrysler 300 and I bought the Metra CHTO-01 adapter harness to install my AVIC-Z2. I have made all of the wiring connections but I have no sound out of my car speakers (I have sound coming out of the amp/sub previously installed in the trunk - which is weird because it takes its signal from the rear speakers)

The CHTO-01 says to "connect its blue/white wire to the radio's amplifier turn-on wire". On the Z2 unit I cannot find the amplifier turn-on wire. I tried connecting the blue/white wire from the CHTO-01 to the blue wire in Connector 1 that is labelled "System Remote Control", but it does not change.

When I play a dvd I get video playback but only get sound in the sub (not in the car speakers). It is the same for the radio.

I tried changing the settings in the AV - System Settings menu so that the Ant always has Power but no change.

ANy suggestions?

Thanks,

Samz

Take a look at your wiring harness and see if there are wires where the front wires should be, some chrylers get signal from the rears.

Thanks for the advice guys. I looked into the C2R-CHY unit and my CHTO-01 harness has the same wires. I also re-did all my connections to see if there was a loose connection.

One difference is that the Z2 unit calls for continuous 12V power. When plugging in the unit through the CHTO-01 harness, the power supply is the same as the factory radio (it is not continuous, and turns off when the car is turned off and the door is opened). Does that make a difference?

Like I said before, I can still hear the sub in the back and it sounds fine.

If I had longer hair I would be pulling it out right about now ...

I will try to find a constant source and connect it there. It might be hard because the battery itself is in the trunk.

Do you think that would cause no sound inside the car speakers? I have hooked it up this way and it does power on (I can play back DVD and AM/FM radio) but again the sound internally is a problem. Again, what's throwing me off is that the sub in the trunk is working :S.

Thanks for the info though!!

Thanks for the advice guys. I looked into the C2R-CHY unit and my CHTO-01 harness has the same wires. I also re-did all my connections to see if there was a loose connection.

One difference is that the Z2 unit calls for continuous 12V power. When plugging in the unit through the CHTO-01 harness, the power supply is the same as the factory radio (it is not continuous, and turns off when the car is turned off and the door is opened). Does that make a difference?

Like I said before, I can still hear the sub in the back and it sounds fine.

If I had longer hair I would be pulling it out right about now ...

Did you look at the factory harness to see if there is wires where the fronts should be.

Thanks for all the input guys. Novadave, I don't know exactly which wires you are referring to.

I did get on the phone with the Metra tech support and after tracing some wires in the factory harness they determined there is no factory amplifier, and I needed a different Metra Harness (XSVI-6502) which is made for this application. They said that if I turned up the volume all the way I may get some sound from the rear speakers but that's it.

I have ordered the Metra XSVI-6502 and I will be returning the CHTO-01. I will post when I get the part in and let you all know if I have any success.

Again, thanks alot for the feedback.

Cheers,

Samz