AVIC411.com

video on Z3 - in need of your help!!!

Guys, I need your help. Last week someone broke into my car and stole my D3, and I was thinking of getting a Z3 to replace it. I've been reading on the forum about it and I found contradicting info regarding the video playback from an ipod.

On the pioneer website it says that it can't but I found people saying here that it is not the Z3 but the cable, the CD-IB100II and that you needed two cables to play music and videos?!?!?! With the D3 I had the CD-I200 and it played both music and videos...so the question is...is there a way to play videos on the Z3...i have a bunch of music videos...how can I play them? I bought an Ipod just for the car, I never use it otherwise. Can they at least be placed on the hard drive and if so, in what format?

Depending on your answers, I will make my purchase. Thank you so so much!!!

You can not put video on the Z's hdd, but you can play video on the Z. You would need to use a different cable than the audio. The audio connection allows you to control the ipod via the touch screen. Video on the other hand is connected through the 'video in' RCA connections, and you do not get any touch screen controls. The Z just acts like a TV and outputs the video. You select and control the video directly from the ipod.

That is such BS (pardon my frustration), I mean they had that working for the much cheaper D3 but not for the Z3. Is there such a cable to pass the video+audio signal to the RCA inputs? If there is, the only difference would be having to change the cable if you wanna switch, which would not be a huge deal, but this is absurd!!!