AVIC411.com

Clean Restart/Reformat?

... the size limit for .zip files on here is 2MB, the Flash Disk is by far more than that.

I took a 2 GB SD card, put the boot files on it and copy/pasted the entire flash disk on it and have a copy on my computer. It is like 1.7gb or so, but not bigger than 2 gb - or it wouldn't have fit.

I did it and I'm not sure how well it worked. The thing is, I can't really tell all that much difference between 2.0 and 1.017. The obvious stuff went back like the boxes on the screen in map mode, however the boot seemed more like a 2.0 boot from what i can remember.

It made no difference when it came to my SD card the scroll bar didn't work when I'm sure it did before.

I replaced all the files including all windows CE, only ones I couldn't do were the ones I couldn't copy during the backup. The ones that give you the error... cannot copy files in rom.

After copying them all back which took some time, even the firmware version number went back to 1.017.

I didn't see any benefit in this since my scroll bar and FFWD still were still not working and these are my major issues so I ran the update package again and put my mods back.

My system is none the worse for the effort anyway.

This does go to show that if you have a good back up you can restore most everything.