AVIC411.com

Avic N1 - New Nav Discs overrides hack?

I've had an AVIC N1 installed for the past few years, working perfectly with the ground hacked so that all system options work while the car is in motion.

I lost the original NAV discs, and upon putting the new ones in, the system software was upgraded. A warning appeared on the screen stating that the system was illegally grounded, and since then the car needs to be completely stopped in order for DVDs to play, and the majority of the NAV features to work.

Any help is much appreciated!

True story. Once you upgrade past the original disc, it upgrades the firmware within the hardware unit.

You can still have it bypassed, but it required you to send out your unit. You can do it yourself, but requires two spots to be sodered (sp). I had my unit done professionally for $40. Works like a champ! No upgrade issues for me!

True story. Once you upgrade past the original disc, it upgrades the firmware within the hardware unit.

You can still have it bypassed, but it required you to send out your unit. You can do it yourself, but requires two spots to be sodered (sp). I had my unit done professionally for $40. Works like a champ! No upgrade issues for me!

Where could I find a "professional" to do this type of work?

Where could I find a "professional" to do this type of work?

Check at your local installer, he may be able to help. There are a lot of guys that can solder 2 points on the circuit board. Ask at your friendly Radio Shack or electronics store.

regards

~Marc