AVIC411.com

D3 + BTB200 Bluetooth...Mic Problem

I'm 99.9% all wire and bus cable routing is correct. It worked perfectly for quite a while. I removed the trim that is where the wire for the microphone ran and I guess putting it back on one of the clips has damaged the wire. I can hear people just fine, but they can't hear me at all.

Could this be another issue, or am I correct in thinking it's pretty clear that it's a damaged mic wire?

And if so, does anyone have a microphone sitting around that they'd sell me? If so please contact me at joshua.gull at gmail.com.

Im going to tell you what you probably already know..

I bet its the wire (I worry about mine all the time, so far so good for me though)

Wire doesnt look fixable?

Its been a minute since I installed my mic but I think any old mic "should" work.

Isnt it just a minijack on the end of the wire that plugs into the unit? (just like a computer mic?)

Try one of those and see if it works. Then you know for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

hey buddie like posted already you can use really any mic for that as long as it has the same connector. i am using a xbox mic that went to my xbox controler and it works just as good. so if you have a old xbox laying around and have a mic that is to then try it and see. but it has to have the same type connector as the real mic that you have.

well for what i have seen they can get expencive. if you have every seen the mics the the sports casters wear there really thin and that would work just as well but still you would to have to shell out some cash for that. not really worth it to me but maybe for someone else yes.

now that you ask what you have asked and it got me thinking that i saw a post little while back that some one would like to use a bluetooth head set with there bluetooth unit. i think that there could be a way of doing this. if you could find a bluetooth unit that has a mic jack that you could pair with your head set then plug it in to the bluetooth unit its self where you would plug in the mic of the unit. that then you might be able with out software limtiations but not confurmed. but just an idea that might work out for someone.

1. instead of trying to test another mic on the bt200, take the mic you think is bad and test it on a computer or something.

it is a 2.5mm jack, so you may need an adaptor to get it to the 3.5 mm the computer has.

then that being said, 2 other things could be the culprit, actually you never really explained what trouble you are having in your post but it sounds like they can hear you, but you cannot hear them.

ok, check the data cable that comes from the d3 to the bt200, it fits both plugs, one it will work only half way like you described.

depending on what phone you have, the bluetooth profile may be the culprit, if you can, try another phone.

good luck.