AVIC411.com

Toyota JBL and F90BT... Noise?

A friend of mine was trying to get a F90BT installed into his late model 4-Runner with the JBL system. He went to Best Buy (why, I don't know) to get the system installed. The installer told him that this combination would create "noise," using the PAC JBL system adapter. I think the Best Buy dude is saying a bunch of BS... true? untrue?

true......for the most part. the jbl systems in the new toyotas are horrible to integrate into. i installed a z1 my dads 07 tundra with the 12 speaker jbl and it sounds like ass. he doesnt mind it but it drives me crazy. the factory jbl amp gets its signal through a digital computer signal, so the integrator the installer was telling you about translates the analog audio signal to a digital signal to feed the toyota amp. however, the scosche integrator is a piece of junk. the metra version, from what ive heard is much better. that integrator needs a high output signal in order to produce a somewhat decent signal to the amp. its possible that the 4v preout from the 90bt will suffice, but cant say for sure. ive had to use an adjustable line out converter in order to get the proper sound from the jbl amp.

true......for the most part. the jbl systems in the new toyotas are horrible to integrate into. i installed a z1 my dads 07 tundra with the 12 speaker jbl and it sounds like ass. he doesnt mind it but it drives me crazy. the factory jbl amp gets its signal through a digital computer signal, so the integrator the installer was telling you about translates the analog audio signal to a digital signal to feed the toyota amp. however, the scosche integrator is a piece of junk. the metra version, from what ive heard is much better. that integrator needs a high output signal in order to produce a somewhat decent signal to the amp. its possible that the 4v preout from the 90bt will suffice, but cant say for sure. ive had to use an adjustable line out converter in order to get the proper sound from the jbl amp.

Well, I installed a 700BT into a RAV4 using the PAC converter... and it sounds fine. So I don't know what the Best Buy dude is talking about. *Shrug*

the scosche one is junk.... do some research.... try the metra one... I TOO WORK FOR BESTBUY- as a tech- and i agree there are bad installers at some stores... but no ones perfect man.... do judge the company cuz there are a few shitty installers... ppl always poke and talk trash about BBY..... but we have more certified pros thatn almost any other company- and we have a GREAT INS policy- so u can have us work on your ride with piece of mind....

I'm sure there are a few good apples in the bushel... but the experience has been like this in Southern California. Every Best Buy store I've been to - Cerritos, Lakewood, Torrance, West LA, Culver City, Glendale, Hollywood, Westwood - there hasn't been a single installer I've talked to who actually inspired confidence about their skills and knowledge. Granted, maybe these stores just don't have the right people there... but I'm not talking about one or two stores... we're talking about EIGHT stores. Whether they have MECP certification doesn't mean much.