AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVIC F90BT vs Eclipse AVN5510

Hello,

I have been having so many problems with my avic...I have had to get it replaced for another avic or something else. Right now, it's on the way back to the retailer...but I'm thinking of getting rid of the AVIC and getting an ANV-5510, I don't know if I should do it....Here are my list of problems with the avic

1. Boot time sucks

2. VR mode doesn't work

3. screen freezes

4. iphone voice command doesn't work

Why I iike the avic

1. Maps and interface are visually kick ass

2. Video ipod playback

3. Love the LED match my car ( not a big deal but a plus)

4. Bluetooth control with contacts and dial pad

Ok...so now you know my problems with the avic....The reason I'm thinking the eclipse is

1. Solid built unit

2. Steer wheels controls

3. Ipod and maps work like champ...The unit doesn't freeze

4. Only cost me $7 for a unit that works...its old but it works.

5. Better SQ

6 Bigger Screen 7inches vs. 5.8inches

Now the reason why I don't like AVN is

1. Maps are old school

2. interface is old school

3. No iphone charging.. just playing (not a big concern. I'll get a ipod car cable)

4. its the AVN5510 its outdate model...but the maps are the same as the new avn6220...

So what you think?

I would wait a few weeks and see if the upcoming update addresses your problems before making a choice.

I've had far more problems with Eclipse stuff than Pioneer, so I would disagree about the "solid built unit." And why can you do steering wheel controls with the Eclipse but not the Avic?

I would wait a few weeks and see if the upcoming update addresses your problems before making a choice.

I've had far more problems with Eclipse stuff than Pioneer, so I would disagree about the "solid built unit." And why can you do steering wheel controls with the Eclipse but not the Avic?

I have a Toyota so it uses all my factory plugs...Also, I was thinking about waiting for the update, but I can't really want because I need a radio in my car..I'm losing my mind without a radio...I'm going to make a decision in Monday or Tuesday. I'm going to call pioneer and see what they tell me about the update because they have to know something...

I have a 5435 Eclipse which is older than the 5510 and like you said it's rock solid.I've had mine for about a year and no problems.I updated my map and firmware and all is good.Sound,Video and GPS all are excellent.If you can get a good price GET IT !

are you sure the Eclipse is plug'n'play with a Toyota? I'd heard that the rebadged Eclipse units that Toyota offers have custom wiring/plugs specifically for Toyotas that is not standard in the regular Eclipse models.

Yeah, I'm sure of it my friend had this unit and plugs right in...no need for adapters and it keep our factory steering controls....

If it helps at all, our Pioneer guy said the update would be out by the end of the month

Man I wish it could come out sooner....That update and the possibility of whats on it the only reason I'm debating getting another avic because it could fix everything or then again it could fix nothing.

Camel towing your in fairfield thats like right over the bridge from Pleasant Hill. What audio shop told you about the update because I heard the 3rd week in October.

I have a 5435 Eclipse which is older than the 5510 and like you said it's rock solid.I've had mine for about a year and no problems.I updated my map and firmware and all is good.Sound,Video and GPS all are excellent.If you can get a good price GET IT !

Thanks for the review....