AVIC411.com

Media library off SD card or other Mass Storage Device

Hey everyone.

I recently stumbled upon F700BT and it looks like this is the unit I've been waiting for (I was thinking of building a carputer before that).

One of my problems with it is that it looks like to get a full media library for it, you need an Ipod.

For those who own this unit (or similar), is there a way to run the media library off an SD card or a portable hard drive attached to the unit? I'm talking about cover art, voice search etc. In the video review, it looked like music played from an SD card just used simple file/folder structure.

Thanks!

Hey everyone.

I recently stumbled upon F700BT and it looks like this is the unit I've been waiting for (I was thinking of building a carputer before that).

One of my problems with it is that it looks like to get a full media library for it, you need an Ipod.

For those who own this unit (or similar), is there a way to run the media library off an SD card or a portable hard drive attached to the unit? I'm talking about cover art, voice search etc. In the video review, it looked like music played from an SD card just used simple file/folder structure.

Thanks!

voice commands and cover art only work on ipod. the voice commands are great especally when you have a manual transmission car. Just invest in an ipod. you can get the 5.5 which work great with the avic with both music and movies for ~70 bucks for a 30gig or a ~100buck for a 60gig. the new models drives down the price of the old ones. the old ones work perfect since you dont even use the ipod other than hooking it to the unit everythign is controlled from the head unit and the ipod sits in the glove box.