AVIC411.com

D3 & Amp Install

Need some help here, I installed my D3 and hooked up my Subs and componet speakers and amps. I don't get voice sound only loud bass type sound. Previously I used to have an Alpine HU and on the Alpine you had to turn of the internal amp.....So my question is, does the D3 have an internal amp that I have to turn off.......I tried looking for something like that in the sytem options but could not find it. Thanks.

Hi There,

Need a little more info to help here. first of all, there is no way to turn off the internal amp that I am aware of on the D3. Mine is hooked up to a 6 channel amp using 3 pairs of RCA cables.

if you are only getting sound from the sub, perhaps the problem is with the rca cables?

first, how many channels does the amp have?

how many pairs of RCA cables between the D3 and the amp are there?

Are the gains on the amp turned up enough?

is there a channel selector on the amp? is it set to produce 5 channels(assuming you have 2 pairs of speakers and a sub connected.

if you have a voltmeter, you can connect it to the + and - output terminals on the amp where your speaker wire is connected to make sure you are getting signal out of the amp.

good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your comments, I sent my amp into Alpine for repair and hooked it up last night........works great! But now I have a light whine noise....so searching the forums for solutions.

My setup:

AVIC-D3 (HU)

6.5' CDT Audio Component Speakers - Front

Two 10' Image Dynamics subs in the cab (Tacotunes-subboxes)

One Alpine MRP-850 (Mono amp for subs)

One Alpine MRP-F250 (4 channel amp bridged-for components)

:)

You have a ground loop. I would make sure you have a good solid ground (just because it is metal does not mean that it is a good ground) Make sure yolur ground spot is clean from anything but bare metal (paint, grease, carpet)

If that doesn't help I would look at grounding your RCA's it is very easy and cheap. I would also recomend beefing up the big 3 under the hood.

The last thing i would say is to use a Ground Loop Isolator but it effects sound quality and is more of a bandaid on gunshot wound.