AVIC411.com

N3. Is it worth fixing?

Hey all, I have a broken N3 that I want to fix. But, the problem is Pioneer only services them in house. Nobody is authorized to fix the Navi units. And, with the problem mine has you have to take apart the entire main unit.

Do you guys think its worth fixing? I'm really thinking about boxing it up, sticking it in the closet, and purchasing a brand new unit.

Anyone know of somewhere other than the factory that fixes these (other than the display and the motors)?

Hey all, I have a broken N3 that I want to fix. But, the problem is Pioneer only services them in house. Nobody is authorized to fix the Navi units. And, with the problem mine has you have to take apart the entire main unit.

Do you guys think its worth fixing? I'm really thinking about boxing it up, sticking it in the closet, and purchasing a brand new unit.

Anyone know of somewhere other than the factory that fixes these (other than the display and the motors)?

The N3 really is a good unit, and while the $200 that Pioneer charges is a bit on the steep side, your unit will be returned completely repaired, no matter how many parts or how much labor it needs. When you compare that to the cost of new, you just can't beat it. The only thing you get with new is a longer warranty.

regards

~Marc

I would fix it... I just got the N5 and I am not that impressed with it. I upgraded from the N2 and yes it does have some cool new things... But one thing that it does not have is the active dimmer. My N2 would auto adjust from a light sensor on the screen.... Dont have that on the N5

Another thing is that there is not as many buttons on the N5 that control funtions... most of the stuff is touch screen... I like the buttons on the front :)

The N3 really is a good unit, and while the $200 that Pioneer charges is a bit on the steep side, your unit will be returned completely repaired, no matter how many parts or how much labor it needs. When you compare that to the cost of new, you just can't beat it. The only thing you get with new is a longer warranty.

regards

~Marc

Marc, so $200 and they will repair it regardless of the problem? If thats the case then I'll just plan on sending it into them. Do they do a complete check of the unit to make sure its functioning properly before leaving the repair center?

Thanks

regards

~Marc

Marc, so $200 and they will repair it regardless of the problem? If thats the case then I'll just plan on sending it into them. Do they do a complete check of the unit to make sure its functioning properly before leaving the repair center?

Thanks

Yes, they will fix anything and everything and send it back well packaged via UPS. They won't update the map program but that's no problem. Send in both the head unit and the brain, and they will check it all out and repair as necessary.

regards

~Marc

regards

~Marc

Thanks

Yes, they will fix anything and everything and send it back well packaged via UPS. They won't update the map program but that's no problem. Send in both the head unit and the brain, and they will check it all out and repair as necessary.

regards

~Marc

Marc, thanks for the advice. I actually called Pioneer today. I talked with their CS rep and did confirm everything you have told me. I will be making a detailed list of everything that is going on with it. She told me that if I request it, the techs will power it up and check all functions, programs, etc for me. I can't wait. I have had this since last christmas and I haven't been able to use it at all. I'll update you guys when I get it back. I'll have to have you guide me through updating the software and doing some custom backgrounds.