AVIC411.com

So I have a 2002 Monte Carlo, and when I bought it, it came with an aftermarket stereo in it already. I put in a D3, and then switched to the 900BT. Question is, when I turn off my vehicle the HU stays on, I know some vehicles do this until the door is opened, but mine will stay on even w/ an open and close of the door. The only way to make it shut off is when I close the door I lock it up w/ the key fob (I can't just hit LOCK on the door before I get out) and then after about 10-15 seconds it will go off. Then when unlock the doors (either with the fob or the good old fashioned way) the radio turns back on w/out a key in the ignition. Ive gotten kind of used to it, but if I don't use the fob to lock it will stay on forever and obviously that is a battery issue.

Im guessing that the ACC is hooked up to the dome lights or security or something, but does anyone know how I can make it shut off when I shut off the car, or even open the door? Im just worried that my fob will go dead one day and I'll be f***ed...

I found this on another website:

| ITEM |WIRE COLOR |POL| WIRE LOCATION |

| 12V |red | + | ignition harness *1 |

| ACCESSORY |orange | + | ignition harness *1 |

| SPEED SENSE |green | | gray 16-pin plug @ BCM *3 |

Notes:

NOTE: *1 The ignition harness is located far right of the steering column, behind the ignition switch. *3 The BCM is located above the brake pedal. It is a plastic box with three plugs that face the firewall.