AVIC411.com

Update for Europe will only fix a few issues

Just got a mail from Pioneer. I had asked for their comment on 19 bugs which I had identified. They say it is definite that two of them will definately be fixed (Boot time and restart on every engine start), 3 of them may be fixed (freezing of the left bottom window, no distance for next turn given, frequent recalculation of route)

All other Bugs are according to them within the specifications of the Unit and will or can not be fixed with this device, but may be when they release a new head unit.

OK, this was it for me with Pioneer. Tere are a lot of things which (e.g. blue fields) which have already been fixed in this forum. Others are also definately software driven and can be fixed if they would care.

It is unacceptable that they turn things like this down and refer to future models if you want them fixed

yep, mine will be soon on ebay...

the route recalculating is related to the TMC. the box is taking even irrelevant info (not in your route) to recalculate the route while there isn't anything to recalculate!

the only fix is to turn it off, but then why do you have TMC?

see a second kenwood soon.