AVIC411.com

Bypass Failed

I just got an avic-f700bt and downloaded the modified DATA.zip file from the thread to remove the blue boxes. Then after I successfully copied it from the SD card to the My Flash Disk/Apl2/igo. Then I wanted to do the software bypass to change the speed at which I am locked out of the unit and this is where I ran into trouble. I extracted modified DATA.ZIp file that I downloaded and went to DATA.ZIP\DATA\project_config and I edited the INI. I changed the parking_break_speed value from 16 to 128. Then I used winrar and compressed the folder into a zip that I named DATA.zip. I then put it on my sd card, copied it over and when I try to turn my unit on, it always says that it is booting up. I can get to my radio but since that box is saying System Startup or what not , I cannot access maps, bluetooth or settings really. Did I do something wrong when I was recompressing the folder?

I just got an avic-f700bt and downloaded the modified DATA.zip file from the thread to remove the blue boxes. Then after I successfully copied it from the SD card to the My Flash Disk/Apl2/igo. Then I wanted to do the software bypass to change the speed at which I am locked out of the unit and this is where I ran into trouble. I extracted modified DATA.ZIp file that I downloaded and went to DATA.ZIP\DATA\project_config and I edited the INI. I changed the parking_break_speed value from 16 to 128. Then I used winrar and compressed the folder into a zip that I named DATA.zip. I then put it on my sd card, copied it over and when I try to turn my unit on, it always says that it is booting up. I can get to my radio but since that box is saying System Startup or what not , I cannot access maps, bluetooth or settings really. Did I do something wrong when I was recompressing the folder?

You cannot extract the INI then re-compress it. You have to use WINZIP to modify the INI file while it is still inside DATA.ZIP.

(At least this is what I have come to understand.)

Those who have tried to unzip it, modify, and re-zip have had problems if I remember correctly.