AVIC411.com

F90BT Shuts Off After 20-30 Secs

Ok, so I have been using my stereo for over a week now, and it's great. However, today, all of the sudden, it displays the splash screen for about 20-30 sec, then the entire unit powers off. It doesn't reboot, it powers off.

I held in the reset button for like 30 sec (is that long enough?) but it's still doing same thing.

I didn't do anything different. It was working fine, then I dropped it off at the dealer for some warranty brake work, and now it doesn't work at all. They claim they did nothing, didn't unhook battery, nothing.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ok, well, I held down the disc eject button while hitting the reset, and then it just hung up on the splash screen indefinately. The Map/Menu buttons changed from white to blue and kept cycling those colors. I turned it off, and back on, and now it's back to the initial symptom. I am noticing this time, when trying to start up, the Menu/Map buttons are illuminated white, then cycle to red, then it shuts off. It never says anything on the screen like normal. It usually says "system startup in progress, then mobile phone connected, etc. These never come up. I did make a complete backup of it on my SD card last week. Should I try booting in TestMode and overwriting it with my backup? This sucks!!! Please help a newbie!!! Thanks!!!

Ok, just got home from work. Booted up into WinCE, and on the My Flash Disk, there are tons of files missing.

Luckily I have a good backup of this entire folder.

I am transferring it from SD card now.

On the HU, there was only folders: APL2, Dumpfiles, ExtraDumpFiles, and about 7 files in the root.

The APL, APL3, DATA, USER, PLT, etc, re all missing from the unit.

In my backup, there are 1166 items total (according to Vista).

It is uploading all that data now.

Thank god for this site!!! I backed it up to SD last week...good thing!!!!!!!!!!

I will post my results.

Anyone have any ideas why this would have occured?