AVIC411.com

Got the F700BT, but I have QUESTIONS!

I ordered my F700BT last tuesday and got it in today! I'm very happy. I get it installed Wednesday at 1pm.I am driving a 2008 Scion tC btw. They are charging me $85 for install. I asked about the steering wheel controls and they want $130 for the adapter+install. So total, I will be spending $220 or something since I am going to buy the ipod cable for like $20. But, I have a few questions I would LOVE if people could answer.

1. Is it worth buying the steering wheel adapter? Does everything work ok?

2. Does the iPhone work with? Ipod feature and bluetooth? Does it charge it while plugged in and does it have the network buzzing?

3. How is bluetooth quality since the update?

4. How does the navigation perform? Is it accurate and keeps signal good?

If there is something else I should know about, please let me know but you guys have NO IDEA how excited I am. Ugh! Two more days of work before I can get this baby installed! Thanks :D

1. Pretty much all basic functions do work.

2. Yes for the iphone related questions. You may get network buzz but I rarely hear from my system.

3. Pretty good, as good as most ear pieces.

4. Excellent, no complaints hear.

The biggest turn on for me right now with the F series is all the awesome hacks we have developed. Look over the HACKS/MODS section of the F series forum for more info.

Thanks everything sounds good so far but the network buzz. I hope I don't get that!

I have ipod intergration with my scion tc and I have NONE what so ever and its perfect. Hope it's the same with this unit.

Network buzz is dependent on both the pioneer and the cell phone manufacturer. Basically, both are to blame if you get it. I have the iphone 3g, and the buzz is subtle. It only buzzes when there is network interaction, not while stationary. Either way, my speakers are too loud for me to hear it most of the time anyway ;)