AVIC411.com

nav voice volume relative to music volume

I find it quite annoying that you can't set the voice/nav volume relative to what volume the source is at. You have to set the voice/nav volume separately. Of course there's dynamic volume, but that's relative to what speed you driving at.

The reason it would be nice if it were relative to what volume the source is at, is when you have voice settings (mute/att/normal) set to normal. This way you hear the nav instructions over the music. And at the same time, the louder you turn your music up, the louder the nav instructions are.

Muting the music to give nav instructions every 5 feet is annoying. Att is a little more tolerable. But I like not having the music interrupted for a nav instruction, so I have mine set at normal. The only problem is the louder I turn the music up, the softer the nav instruction is. LAME! :evil:

Oh well. More of a venting post. lol

If anyone knows if there are options I'm missing, please let me know.

I think these units could have had a few more options built in. Like trying to find a POI by city. I mean how lame is that? I have to save a search criteria to search by city? Wack. I think it gives the option to search POI around gps location, search criteria, and something else.

• 2 weeks later...

I know, the volume control pisses me off too. I have this problem in CD mode only, though? I can barely hear what the damn thing is saying when I am drivin and have the volume on ~40. Do you have this problem only in CD mode or with the other sources also ?

the only sources i really use are ipod and xm. sometimes fm. i've used cd and dvd, but not for testing this problem. so far ipod, xm & fm are the ones i've tested with that have the problem. but since these are global setting, i'm sure it's the same issue across the board with all sources.

• 3 weeks later...