AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Phone Volume

I am using the bluetooth module with my Z3, paired with a Motorola Q9h. It connects perfectly, sends contacts and can make and receive calls. The only problem is that the volume on the calls in practically inaudible. It is so quiet that you cannot hear it while the car is in motion. This is despite the AV muting, the phone volume being turned all the way up, the windows closed and the A/C fan off.

I use the handsfree quite frequently, and it was one of the main reasons I purchased the Z3, so I really want to resolve this. I want to avoid having to install a separate hands-free system if at all possible.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions on what might improve the volume?

:shock:

u have done pretty much what i would suggest...

i am assuming you are speaking it is low sound coming from the speakers vs the person on the phone not hearing from you, am i correct guessing that??

I noticed with my iPhone that when connected via bluetooth i have a volume control option, which when i turn that up or down did effect the volume coming out of the Z3. to adjust that while i am in a call i turn the volume upward.

Yes it is the volume coming out of the Z3. Apparently people I can hear me just fine. Unfortunately, my phone has itts 'in call' volume maxed, and still barely audible :( Have trying with a couples (Moto Q9H and Moto L2) with same affect.

What about the volume level while using regular or bluetooth headset? Quite a few models of the Motorola has internal settings that you can mod including headset/speaker volume. You would need the USB cable and proper USB driver as well as software to do so, try modmymoto or google it. I used to mod my RAZR and the volume gets a lot higher than stock. Having said that, my iPhones (both original and 3G) work about the same as my RAZR.

iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone

LOL

it has been the best phone i've bought.. and i use to buy them every two to three months as i would get bored.. only phone i've had over a year now and still love using it..

IMO

Thanks for the tip! I just tried that (basically tweaking its registry settings). I was able to up the volume slightly, but still no where near the nav volume.

Will keep playing :P

Well, another thing you can try is to unpair your phone, lower the volume of your phone as much as possible, then pair it again.

i have the i phone and i still have the same problem!

and while on a call, you clicked the volume upward? I notice a dramatic difference if i click it down or up while on a call.

Yea I clicked the volume button up and there is no difference, when it rings I can hear it but there is nothing from the speakers after I answer the phone but they could still hear me... I duno what the deal is!?

one thing i've noticed, there isn't a lot of things you can do with the phone connection (no cancel echo which might have been important)

only thing i can say, try checking the volume on the deck under settings and volume tab. if it's maxed out there, and on the phone you see bluetooth is maxed out as well..

maybe unpair and then pair up again?