AVIC411.com

No Voice Recognition

I no longer have voice recognition when i press my multi control button. the only thing I have done is the blue box hack. when I press it everything mutes and nothing happens. Anyone know how to fix this???? Thanks for the help! i have a f900bt

I'm also having this problem. Anyone have any ideas?

I had the same problem plus a few others with the "packaged" data.zip for the blue box issue. In addition to the posted issue, on my F90 the menu and map buttons didn't work on certain screens.

I re-downloaded just a day or so ago and still had problems

I backed it out and restored the original and the issues went away. I then manually created my own data.zip using the original from my F90, replacing the one file pulled from the packaged data.zip, and the problems were not present.

Note: don't use winzip or you'll see the dreaded "startup in progress" forever - I used winrar and may simply use UNIX gzip next time.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I'm having this problem again.

Last time this thread was active I was having the problem with the 2.x firmware. I've since switched cars and firmware. I'm now running the 3.0201 firmware. My voice recognition worked fine after upgrading to 3.0, 3.01, and the latest 3.0201. I'm not sure exactly when it stopped working, because I don't use the feature all the time. I did have the update vr dictionary option turned off for a while because I wasn't changing music much. Then one day I went to use the voice command (or whatever its called), and it didn't work. I figured it was because I had new music on my iphone and I needed to update the dictionary. So, I turned that option back on and it justs sits at the "updating vr dictionary. please wait" forever. I've tried everything from the "delete user data" option, factory reset, and holding the reset button down. Nothing seems to be working. Interestingly enough, the tts (announcing street names, etc) does seem to work with the navigation.

So basically I have two problems (which are undoubtedly related). Pressing the volume knob in has no effect on the system. No beeps, prompts, and if I'm listening to something it is uninterrupted. If I hold the button down it will mute the system, so I know the button works. The other problem is the infinite vr dictionary update.

I vaguely remember booting into testmode last time this happened and delete some file(s). Does this sound familiar? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

I've resolved the issue I was having. Unfortunately I fixed it the hard way. I re-installed 3.0 from scratch (including wince format), then put 3.02 on. Using the same iPhone as before, and everything is working fine for now. Btw I tested with another iPod nano before and it also had problems building the vr dictionary.