AVIC411.com

80MT Update gone bad.... HELP?

• 1 month later...

Can you give me guidance on how to downgrade from from my upgrade that went wrong?

Thanks,

Andre

I had the same problem and called pioneer and they wanted 200 dollars to fix it. Apparently it does not matter what is wrong with it, they charge the same amount. I ordered the remote and luckily the downgrade worked for me. I read in another thread about the people found below on ebay and they were impressed with them and the price. I was going to give them a call if the downgrade was not going to work; 200 dollars seemed kind of high when re-flashing takes about 2 minutes to do.

Good Luck!

Can you please give me guidance on how to downgrade my ver. from 80MT to 70MT. BTW Great post!

Thanks,

Andre

Well to make a long story short, I'm broke thanks to my ex-wife and lawyer. So when I found the new 80MT disk posted here I couldn't resist but to try it... I mean I fix aircraft avionics for a living, what could go wrong....... ooops.

I've downloaded the iso 4 (west disc) 4 times, and done 10 different burns (thank god I got discs for free) on 2 different types of media using isoburn and alcohol120. I used +R DL discs, and burned them both in single layer and double layer formats. Not a single one will work, although one of the first coasters almost worked, which got me into this whole mess, it loaded the system and application software, but fubared on the gps software load.

Well now, same as most others it seems, my D3 is stuck in the perpetual "insert appropriate disc". I even went into the service menu (I have 81837208 memorized now) and tried to downgrade back to my properly-working 70MT discs. NO LUCK.

Is there anyone here who can send me a working copy of the 80MT west disc before I just give in to my loss, and go beg on a streetcorner for enough coin to pack it up and ship it in to get fixed. I think this may possibly resolve the issue, if not I think the GPS flash memory in the unit itself may have gotten corrupted (seeing as it's the onle software I can not force-load from my 70MT discs).

In exchange I can send a small donation for the time, or if interested, I have a copy of the D3 facotry service manual I'm sure maybe someone might be interested in...... (close to Las Vegas, NV wouldbe fantastic

Thanks!

Jon

I fear that I have come victim to this as well. I have burnt three separate discs and one wouldn't even load, another one would load and update but the screen stayed blue, and the third freezes the D3 upon startup and after a few attempts to load, I get "The disc drive has some problem" message (this one works sometimes though). What a way to get people to pay $120 for new discs when a new GPS unit with text-to-speech can be had for $150.

Are these symptoms of corrupt firmware?