AVIC411.com

N5 vs. F90BT

I am new to this site so I will ask straight forward...Which unit is better overall?

I like the screen size on the N5 but the resolution on the F90 is way batter.

Has anyone experienced screen vibration with the N5 while driving on less then smooth roads or is it pretty stiff?

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500 with Bose and Onstar and would like to retain the Onstar as well as the steering wheel controls.

Thanks for your honest opinions.

all personal preference. If you want to use voice commands and have higher functionality for ur avic then go with F90. If you prefer the bigger screen go with n5. I personally, would love to see a hybrid in the future, a bigger screen with all the IPOD voice controls as the F90 screen is just too small for me, since I have dvd and tv in the front seat. Ill wait til that added functionality comes out someday (maybe on an n6)

Not sure about onstar, but as far as steering wheel controls you will need the remote to control the avic unless u have a shop wire the steering wheel stuff to the avic.

yea, thats the only thing keeping me from trading in my n3 for the new f90 is the screen size.

I cant stand the crappy Ipod controls on the n3. You cant even go up a folder level after you pick a song. You gotta start all over with top menu again. I just wanna say the song name and go to it. I still might invest in it, Ill hold out to see the new units this spring and then decide whether i want to upgrade.