AVIC411.com

Annoyances with F-Series

Okay, so I bought the F700BT for about $560, now I'm upset as I see all these eBay deals, but whatever...that's besides the point.

Anyway, here's a few annoyances that I'm having, can any of these be fixed without waiting for an update?

1) BT Contacts --- can I put favorites in here? As opposed to cycling through 250 contact to find the 4 people that I actually call while driving?

2) SD Card --- file management = non-existent? Shouldn't I see a folder view so that I can choose WHAT I want to play?

3) Navigation: one of the many annoying features on this navigation --- when you reach your destination it doesn't automatically delete it. WTF? Is it supposed to keep tracking me to the spot once I've already arrived? Do I have to manually delete every route once I reach it? Wow.

4) SD media volume is SUPER low...am I doing something wrong?

This unit is about to go back to where I purchased it from...this is ridiculous...

Bummer man, I'm pretty sure that someone else with a 700 will post, but all the annoyances that you listed were addressed to an extent with the newer models like the 900 or 90bt.

Search amazon.com add they will range from 700 to 800 buckaroos. So, moral of the story "buy an older product and get older technology..."

Hope you can sort everything out.

1.I dont think you can put bt favourites.

2. It doesnt exist but leetcoder is working on a media player,so on your next launcher probably we will have a nice media player.

3.I use leetcoders navigation so not sure about it.

4.that is one of my problems to and i still can not solve it.the only solution seems to be reset the device.

Yes, the 700 came out the same time is the 900/90.

If you only dial four numbers, why not just use the 'call history' button instead of all your contacts?

I didn't think of that, I'll try that, but it's still messy...I just want all four on screen, nothing else. But whatever.

@akkasoglu

What navigation software are you using? I threw in TT7, but I don't really like it.

Why is it that we have to rely on another coder to get things right from this unit?

Yes, the 700 came out the same time is the 900/90.

If you only dial four numbers, why not just use the 'call history' button instead of all your contacts?

Oh, my bad... thanks for the correction.

reading music from the SD card on the 700, is the interface the same with the folder up icon that lets you search through all the music and while listening to one song, still playing from the SD card?