AVIC411.com

New F90BT, hissing, VSS, and no sub.

Hey all,

I've been struggling with this thing all night already and need to get a bit of rest before getting to work in a couple of hours. Ugh.

Three issues I'm unable to overcome:

- I'm getting this loud hissing sound from my speakers. While the music/radio and such are all at acceptable volume levels, I still get a very audible hiss that I can drown out with the music.

- The factory sub (2008 Honda Accord sedan) in the rear is not functional at all with this deck. I have a feeling I need to find the remote wire for the factory amp under the passenger dash, but I'm not sure what specific wires I can split.

- I might have a bad VSS... I read that it's "a blue wire" on the main factory harness, which I split. No problems, but man, anything I did wrong up until this point can be causing the hissing.

I hope you guys can all help, I have long drives to deal with, and this is really not turning out as well as I was hoping. :(

Edit:

Some additional details for you.

- Soldered all connections, taped over. Could be a crappy ground, I wiggled it around while I heard the hissing, no change. I wiggled all the cables around. : /

- I re-pinned the mute cable so I can bypass the parking brake lock, and grounded it (same ground as below).

- I did not connect the ground that was on the Metra wiring harness to the deck, I just grounded the deck right to the chassis. Not sure if this matters, but I wanted to mention.

-

Hey all,

I've been struggling with this thing all night already and need to get a bit of rest before getting to work in a couple of hours. Ugh.

Three issues I'm unable to overcome:

- I'm getting this loud hissing sound from my speakers. While the music/radio and such are all at acceptable volume levels, I still get a very audible hiss that I can drown out with the music.

- The factory sub (2008 Honda Accord sedan) in the rear is not functional at all with this deck. I have a feeling I need to find the remote wire for the factory amp under the passenger dash, but I'm not sure what specific wires I can split.

- I might have a bad VSS... I read that it's "a blue wire" on the main factory harness, which I split. No problems, but man, anything I did wrong up until this point can be causing the hissing.

I hope you guys can all help, I have long drives to deal with, and this is really not turning out as well as I was hoping. :(

Edit:

Some additional details for you.

- Soldered all connections, taped over. Could be a crappy ground, I wiggled it around while I heard the hissing, no change. I wiggled all the cables around. : /

- I re-pinned the mute cable so I can bypass the parking brake lock, and grounded it (same ground as below).

- I did not connect the ground that was on the Metra wiring harness to the deck, I just grounded the deck right to the chassis. Not sure if this matters, but I wanted to mention.

-

Only thing I might be able to help with is the sub. When AV Source is set to off, go into AV Settings and set Rear SP to Sub W. that should fix it, it's also in the manual around page 145.

Hey, thanks for the reply, I'll give that a shot. I didn't hook a remote wire directly to the amplifier, but I wanted to share this with you folks.

If your car has a factory amp for your speakers and sub, and your wiring harness does not accommodate for this sort of thing, you're going to be using the high-volt lines to the amp, which causes the hissing.

By making adapters and hooking up the RCAs, you should stop the hissing and things will be a lot better. I'll try to get the your tip sorted, thanks!

I also have to update, I can see what some people were complaining about when this beast hit the market. Very nice, quite flawed out of the box. ;)

Admittedly I didn't get a chance to read the manuals much yet. I'm going to take the hint and give them a thorough reading through now before hitting the road again. If it works, I think I owe the community!

Hey all, just wanted to update.

So I didn't have any luck with the suggestion to check the Full SPK range vs Sub W. I did have success with this after updating the firmware to 2.0, however.

Nice unit. A bit slow at times, but all in all, it's pretty spiffy. Gotta start looking at tweaks and more customization, now, including booting alternatives, so I can modify the pioneer.ini file.