AVIC411.com

HELP BEFORE INSTALL!

Hey guys sorry for the bothersomness again. But im 100% new to all this stuff. I took the F90bt to audio express today to get a quote on install. They want 95 for install and another 40 for bypass. They say that you need a special module box to bypass the f90bt. after reading this forum i thought that was bs? is it? I see in the post stickied above that you say theres a software hack. Well how do u get into the config files for the gps? on your computer? i mean how do u get the config files from the nav system onto the computer for editing? Also i understand the wiring procedure bypass method, but what do you mean by grounding the parking brake wire? like if i wanted to move the mute wire to the new slot before i take it to them for install how do i ground the other wire?THANKS!!!

ok, i'll break it down. There is no module box for a bypass. it's really simple. As far as grounding a wire, it's a simple as finding a raw metal piece inside the dash that is connected to the frame of the car, for me it was behind the glove compartment, and all i did was strip about 2-3 inches of the correct wire and tie it around that through a hole in the metal. Not the best way but it work.

As far as the software mod, you still have to ground the correct wire, but you then go into the testmode, search that in the forum to find out how. Copy all of the files from the My Flash Disk drive to an SD card (2 gigs) and then take that to your computer and edit the correct files. All of the files you need to do this are on here

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17542

and instructions are here

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17715

Personally the hardwired mod was done for me by my installer for free. So don't pay for it.

BTW, 95 seems pretty good for the install, BBuy and CCity want like 250-300 sometimes.

Hey. thanks so much for the info. It was really useful. Yea bbuy wanted 175 for install. I know a place that does all my car cosmetic work like tinting and stuff who quoted me 100 for install. SO i took their quote and went to audio express where they wanted 240 for install. I told them to match the 100 price. And they beat it saying 95. Thanks for your help by the way.