AVIC411.com

ipod touch video

As soon as I installed the 2.0 update I checked my sons touch. It has the Ipod 2.1 version of software and all works well video included. I then plugged in my wifes touch which did not have the upgraded ipod software and it did not work. I upgraded the code on the wifes to 2.1 and all works well.

Now time to buy the 32mb Ipod touch for me.

So wait, the new 2.0 update to the Pioneer does not work with 1.1 version of the iPod Touch? Thats bad. Especially for those folks that didn't want to pay for the updated software. Not that I think there are many of them out there, but still.

Means that something is VERY different between the two firmwares as to why it will not work with every version of the firmware for the touch.

Now, what happens when there is a version 3 to the touch? I guess we do this all over again? :?

I have been reading this thread and it seems some of the answers are alittle confusing, I thought I would clean it up a bit.

I have an Ipod touch first generation, has the metal back and no internal speaker.

I have updated my Avic F90 BT to the new 2.0 firmware

I have updated my Ipod touch to the 2.1 firmware (meaning I now have app store)

Everything works regarding the ipod interface including video

For those asking about paying for the 2.0 firmware for your ipod touch, search online and there are places that have it posted for free. Once you have the 2.0 installed on your touch, Itunes thinks you paid for it and it will allow you to update to the 2.1 firmware through it.