AVIC411.com

7th Gen ipod rollback HELP

I already read the topic on rolling back the software for a 6th gen ipod that was posted on here. I have a 7th gen 120Gb classic and was wondering if anyone had any idea how to rollback the software on it so that the video option can be used on the D3. If this has been covered I appoligize in advance. The 6th gen ipod rollback did not work with my new one and I Tunes 8.0. Thanks for any help any of you can offer.

I couldn't complete all the steps to roll back the software. Some of the prompts described in the instructions did not come up when I tried it. I downloaded what was needed and followed the steps to the letter. I was not given the prompt to use the old software. This is the new 120GB model that has just come out.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem.

I've tried about 3 different firmware downgrades, none of which are working. This is a pain in the ass.

The new ipods are still 6th gen but they have upgraded firmware, which I think is locking out the roll backs.

If anyone has had any luck on downgrading the 2.01 firmware, please help us out.

• 3 months later...
I work at Circuit City. There is no 7th gen iPod yet. My guess when it IS released, it will be an ~80GB version of the Touch.

Point is not 120GB version is 6th gen or 7th gen.

Does anybody know how to roll back firmware for new 120GB only version of Ipod classic? :?:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...