AVIC411.com

Just bought a D3, but have a quick question..

I just bought a used avic d3 and it didnt come with the following accessories, but it came with the wiring harness, a/v stuff. I already bought the gps antenna, do i need the speed and reverse extension lead? and the trim ring?

Didnt come with:

plastic stylus

trim ring

gps antenna

speed signal extension lead

reverse signal extension lead

plastic stylus

trim ring

gps antenna

speed signal extension lead

reverse signal extension lead

Hey

As far as the parts go, the plastic stylus is useless (most people just use their fingers), gps antenna is req'd for GPS so yes get it, reverse signal lead is only needed if you have a rear view camera, speed signal extension lead is highly recommended as it increases accuracy for GPS so I would get it if I were you, and I'm not too sure what the trim ring is.

Hope that helps

hey you might check you local big box shop best buy or ccity and see what wirring harness that they have you might not need it. if the harnes has it like it did with my 2005 chevy. see if the harnes that they have has the vss and the rev. wire that is already on the harness some now come with then on them. and mine work great no need for either one just hooked it up to the harness.

Do you really need those lead wires? On the wiring harness it came with, i see a speed sensor and reverse wire...
Of course you don't. They're just wire. Don't make them into anything their not. If you want to connect them, snip the end off and solder on some 18awg wire of your own.

Most installs will not require a trim ring. Check with yours before you sweat it.

The stylus is stupid. The on screen buttons are big for a reason.