AVIC411.com

f90bt in my 2002 silverado

it came out nice but i lost the use of the ash tray that i don't use any way

but the power center is still accessable here's some more pics i put jbl components in the doors using the oem mounts in front and some polk 5"x7" s in the rear doors nice and stealth next it the new pioneer shallow 12" sub and matching box with a 1300w amp

post-22944-1287275607693_thumb.jpg

post-22944-12872756077905_thumb.jpg

post-22944-12872756078822_thumb.jpg

post-22944-1287275607956_thumb.jpg

post-22944-12872756080397_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Awww man, i though i was all unique putting a 700bt in my 2002 silverado by using a newer dash but looks like ya beat me too it. Guess im not the only guy that went "well heck, the dash bezel looks really similiar between the 03-07's and the 02 and olders, i bet i can drop in the newer one and get me some double din goodness". Good news is that i know im not the only one who had to hack apart their dash to make this one work.

If i might offer a suggestion though, if ya can find a dremel and clear the contours of the ac controls. Doesnt take long and makes it look cleaner. When i get home this evening ill post up some pictures of mine as reference if you would like.

Looks great.

Have you thought about color matching the knock-outs next to the Air-Bag switch at all?

The picture is slightly decieving. The airbag switch and the knockouts are all black but the knockouts are textured and most cameras make them seem a bit darker black. In person it looks like the same color.

Here is some shots of my 2002 silverado. Its not completely finished yet (i plan to seal up the a/c control opening a little better and fix the radio fitment) but its good enough that I'm happy with it for the time being and it still looks good.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v55/rcars2/avic700bt/

FYI, yes i am aware the bezel does not match my dash. At the time all i could source was a charcoal colored piece. Overall though it doesnt look bad so i'll leave it be and if i really want to change the color ill repaint it (the factory just paints them anyway).