AVIC411.com

New guy password question

Hi to all...I did search but... new to me 07 Hummer with D3. Everything works but I want to add the BT200 for the phone link. It says a reset is necessary. I have the manual and have read the search on password. Can I go to the 1-2-3 password set and tell if it has been set or not AND still back out without lockup?? I would hate to screw this up. No idea if the previous owner set password...nothing written in the manual.

Thanks

well your question is a bit confusing to me (Im not 100% sure what youre asking/doing) but the password (Im pretty sure, check the manual 1st) only locks the unit up after you disconnect the power to it. That way if it's stolen when they go to install it in another vehicle they need the password for it to work.

The only way to tell if there is a password or not is to go into the password screen and attempt to change it. It should prompt you for the current password before allowing you to change to a new password. If it does not, there should be no password set. Other then that, there is no other way to tell short of asking the previous owner. If there is a password and you reset the unit without putting in the correct password it will lock you out and it will cost you 200.00 dollars to have Pioneer reset the unit free of the password.