AVIC411.com

This is not the appropriate disc

Hello everyone,

I bought a set of the 2007 DVD navigation disks for the AVIC-N3 (CNDV-70MTP ) off of eBay. When I put them into my DVD player, the Pioneer splash screen comes up. However, when I go to the navigation screen, I get the following error message: "This is not the appropriate disc. Please insert the appropriate disc" Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be and how to fix it? Thanks!

What disks did you have prior to using it? This message comes up when you put an older version into the unit once it's been updated. Sounds like you've already used the 80 series and tried to go back. I had the 60 series (purple) then I went to the 70 series that I got off ebay. Bootlegged version. Worked great for 3 months then stopped. I had to get into the service menu and reset the unit to use my old disk. Once you've upgrade you can only use the same series or go up higher, you can't go back without resetting

• 4 weeks later...