AVIC411.com

Vehicle won't start aftere pulling D2 Out

My D2 was making an ongoing clicking noise that was just annoying, I took the unit out ....Only unplugged the Antennas and Main plug.

Tried to start it and makes strange noises but will not start.

Replaced the D2 and still makes strange noises. Vehicle will not start.

Any ideas?

Loose connection?

I'm actually replacing the unit with a Z2 (having it installed tomorrow) but as of now can't drive it to the shop...

Shouldn't I be able to take my D2 out (to send in for repair) and operate my vehicle.

I don't know tooooo much about cars. But any time I hear a click when I try to start the car it means my battery is dead. I jump it, it turns over and the alternator starts charging the battery. I don't know what the click is while the car is on and radio playing, but if it clicks when I start, it means my battery died. May be worth checking into. Taking the radio out shouldn't cause your car to not run. I sold my D3 and have been driving around with no radio for 4 days now. My 700BT should be here Thursday!!! Hope this helps!

Received my 60gb drive today from Garret.

What an easy install. I only stripped one screw head!

But well worth the time and investment!

Turns out that my battery is weak but not in dire need of replacement. I am going to replace anyway. Any ideas on good batteries? Auto Zone has an 8 year warranty..Sears Die Hard was once the top but noe sure that I need to spend $180 plus on a battery....

if the car was a stick shift u could have pushstarted it. jet get the car rolling little more than walking speed w/ the ignition on and put in first or second then pop the clutch. my battery is 6 years old (factory battery) and is weak. this solves my problem evrey time.

or mabie i'm to cheap to buy a new battery :roll::lol: