AVIC411.com

Issues with USB flash drive connected to the F90bt...

First off...I was originally using a 4 gig kingston USB drive (formatted FAT32). If i connect the kingston drive to the USB cord after the unit has powered up..everything works fine. However, if I leave the USB attached and later restart the car...the unit has a hard time booting up (if at all). I also tried using a 8 gig Xporter XT...with this USB flash drive, the unit will boot up however the USB won't show up in the AV source (the USB icon is grayed out). Am i gonna have to connect/disconnect the USB drive everytime I start the car in order to use it?

Anyone using a USB flash drive with there f units? Experience?

On a side note...I have had the F90bt in my car for about 1 month now. After the 2.0 update, the only problems I've experienced besides the USB is bluetooth. I have had the unit freezing up on me numerous times after I finished making a call. Yesterday the unit actually rebooted. :?: Odd

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem on a F700. I have a Kingston Datatravel 100 4GB working perfectly. I bought an EMTEC 8GB that is not recognized after rebooting/starting; I have to unplug and plug again. After the EMTEC I bought a Kingston 16GB, that doesn´t work like the 4GB, and another Kingston 100 16GB with the same issue.

I have a Geek Squad 8GB and 1GB USB memory stick that I purchase from Best Buy which absolutely refuses to be seen by my F90BT. I called Pioneer support and they were completely useless in suggestion what could be wrong or in giving me guidance as to what I should purchase that would assure compatibility.

I know my setup is right because if I plug in another manufactures 1GB USB memory stick it works no problem. It seems to be hit and miss.

I have a 4gb USB and 2gb SD card with music on both. The USB is recognized about 75% of the time it boots up, and if not all I have to do is unplug it and re-plug it. The SD card is recognized MAYBE 50% of the time, but again all I have to do is pull it out and re-insert it. Nkosi, have you verified that your stuff is formatted to FAT32? It wouldn't hurt to re-format it even if it already is.

I have a 4gb USB and 2gb SD card with music on both. The USB is recognized about 75% of the time it boots up, and if not all I have to do is unplug it and re-plug it. The SD card is recognized MAYBE 50% of the time, but again all I have to do is pull it out and re-insert it. Nkosi, have you verified that your stuff is formatted to FAT32? It wouldn't hurt to re-format it even if it already is.

Thanks for the suggestion of reformatting. I in fact tried that but to no avail.

• 1 month later...

This thread needs some reviving! If you guys bought your usb sticks from ebay make sure they arent fake. I just bought one that was supposed to be a 32gb and it was only a 4. I used this program for testing if it was a good drive.

With the counterfeit stick my unit would freeze up on start up and when I inserted it while the unit was running. These counterfeit sticks are tricky, windows will recognize it as being the advertized size but if you write to it with more data than it can realy handle it writes the data into nothing, so you think it is really working, but upon recalling the data for playback it corrupts the drive causing the crashes and so forth.

• 4 months later...

So, I think I figured out something, at least with my flash drive. I just purchased a sandisk cruzer 8gb and have been having issues with my f90bt not recognizing it. But my dell 128 mb one get recognized all the time, even when leaving it plugged in. So a couple of times I wiggled my sandisk one and it would work. Then today I tried not plugging it all the way in and it got recognized right away. I think when you plug it in all the way the connections miss. So I am going to try to insert some kind of small piece of paper in the bottom of the san disk so everytime I plug it in, it only goes a certain distance and hopefully it will get recognized more often.

So, it works, part of the time. I only put a small piece of paper in the bottom, but it still takes some wiggling to make it work. I suppose I test more paper later to get the proper fit, but I do get it to work much more often than before. The only other issue now is to find the right video converter that has a feature to convert and select more than one movie at a time, and converts to the proper size to play the movies full screen on the deck. I tried handbrake it is is way to tedious, personally I think handbrake sucks.