AVIC411.com

F700BT + iPod Classic 160GB - flaky

I had an AVIC-F700BT installed last week, and iPod cable, when it works it's really great. For some reason, it sometimes will spontaneously lose connection with the iPod and the only way to get it back is to shut my car off and turn it on again, forcing the head unit to reboot.

I'm not fully convinced I love this head unit - I might return it if my installer place can accomodate me, I might move to the Kenwood 5120, anyone have any thoughts on that vs the 700bt? Voice control of my iPod is not required but a nice thing. Navigation and Bluetooth are the most important... heard Kenwood's BT was flaky compared to Pioneer's... is Pioneer working on a new update post 2.0 to improve the AVIC F series??

• 10 months later...

Same problem here. I tried it with 80GB Classic and it was a nightmare. Kept dropping the connection every 2 of 3 times. Completely fed up with the 700BT (or my dealer installed 7010BT).

Dealer - Audio Planet (Huntington NY) wont replace unit. Will only send out to pioneer for repair. Been there SIX times and their customer service is awful. They seem to enjoy inconveniencing their customers rather than realize its their problem too.

Anyway, cant wait to get rid of this unit. Not bothering to call Pioneer again since it seems from others that it is as much of a waste of time as dealing with my dealer.