AVIC411.com

Newb with D! prob

Hi guys! I heard that this is one cool forum for AVIC users so I decided to join.

Anyways, I'm having a bit of a problem on my D1. Everytime I have to enter an address the leftmost letters on the screen/keyboard doesn't type. My system somehow types in the 2nd row from the left. Even when it lets you choose the different street name & city name variation, instead of the scroll scrolling down, it picks an entry from the listed option provided.
It started doing this like a month or 2 ago but I had my D1 for almost a year. I haven't updated my discs yet so I was thnking updating it would fix it.

Need help! Thanks so much in advance for all the help!
It sounds to me like your touchscreen panel is going bad.

If it's just getting worn, you might be able to fix it by recalibrating it. You can access the touchscreen diagnostics and calibration options in the service menu. Get to that by opening the screen all the way and pressing DVD EJECT and RESET at the same time. Then release RESET first followed by EJECT. It will say "Please press RESET", at this point use the joystick to go UP UP DOWN DOWN then press in. The touchscreen stuff is at the top of the menu or near it.
[quote name="GnatGoSplat"]It sounds to me like your touchscreen panel is going bad.

If it's just getting worn, you might be able to fix it by recalibrating it. You can access the touchscreen diagnostics and calibration options in the service menu. Get to that by opening the screen all the way and pressing DVD EJECT and RESET at the same time. Then release RESET first followed by EJECT. It will say "Please press RESET", at this point use the joystick to go UP UP DOWN DOWN then press in. The touchscreen stuff is at the top of the menu or near it.[/quote]

Thanks man. I'll try it right now