AVIC411.com

f900-bt for under 500 since Live cashback is gone

Yea. Let me tell you about these guys. My wife and I, before our wedding 6 years ago, wanted a camera to record the special event. We originally wanted one from this business and were ready to complete the order. They called, saying they needed the 3 digit number on the back of the card to complete the transaction. At that time I told them to cancel the order, we had found it elsewhere. We get our new camera from the other source and about 5 days later, the camera from this POS company shows up. I called them up and said we had canceled the order a week ago. They look in their records and see that I canceled the order, yet they say they have to charge me a 15% restocking fee!!! Arguing it was their error did nothing.

The owner gets on the phone, screaming that I have to pay the fee. I calmly say WE CANCELED THE ORDER A WEEK AGO! Still screaming, I told him that we will just make sure that Discover reverses the charge. We contact Discover, who has to go through the motions in order to settle the claim, and they contact him. He says that I never canceled the order and I am a liar. Discover, caught in the middle of all of this, cannot refund our money due to their being insufficient evidence that I canceled the order beforehand. We were forced to pay the $600+ dollar restocking fee. I made sure the owner knew I would do everything in my power in order to put him out of business. The BBB was contacted, I left feedback in all of the search sites, contacted his local authorities for fraud. I made his life a living hell for at least 6 months.

How the federal government lets places like these survive, I'll never know. Word of warning though, if you are going to buy one of these items on Ebay... Make sure it isnt from New York City. That includes Manhattan, Bronx, Queens and my hometown of Brooklyn. These guys operate under 4 or 5 names on Ebay and each of them has a boatload of negative feedback.

I bought a Panasonic plasma TV from 6th Ave a few years ago. They did call me to sell me some cables, a warranty and some other crap, but they didn't push it when I declined. Everything worked out great, and I got the TV for $400 less than what the big box stores were charging for it at the time.

I'd buy from them again.

Another recommendation for 6th Ave.

They are an authorized online dealer for Pioneer

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/FindStore/Buy+Pioneer+Products+on+the+Internet

I purchased a Panasonic plasma tv from them in Sept. Like the above poster, they did call me wanting to add extended warranty and cables, but didn't push or continue to argue that I 'needed' the items when I declined. They are a great seller.