AVIC411.com

Help with Bluetooth. Interference/Static

Hello,

I just installed a F90BT into my 08 Subaru Impreza STI. Everything is outstanding except for the bluetooth. People are telling me that they can hardly hear me and hear lots of static/interference/whine. I can hear them absolutely clearly, and am getting no interference or static on any other aspect of the unit.

I have placed the mic about 12 inches right in front of my face behind the steering wheel. (clipped onto the lower part of the guage cluster).

Do I need to keep the bulk of the bluetooth mic wires away from the unit? What would be causing the interference?

I searched the site, but could find nothing that would help me fix the situation. Any help for the NOOB would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

I just installed a F90BT into my 08 Subaru Impreza STI. Everything is outstanding except for the bluetooth. People are telling me that they can hardly hear me and hear lots of static/interference/whine. I can hear them absolutely clearly, and am getting no interference or static on any other aspect of the unit.

I have placed the mic about 12 inches right in front of my face behind the steering wheel. (clipped onto the lower part of the guage cluster).

Do I need to keep the bulk of the bluetooth mic wires away from the unit? What would be causing the interference?

I searched the site, but could find nothing that would help me fix the situation. Any help for the NOOB would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I just had my 08 STI outfitted with the F700BT (same as the F90BT essentially). I have the mic in the roof where it meets the windshield , the mic part clipped around so it's facing my mouth. It's hidden by the black strip in the blue strip across the top of the windshield. No complaints from anyone aside from the usual "you're quiet, when you're on the highway!" An easy try-out for you would be to remove the mic from the gauge cluster and just hold it out in front of you and see if people still complain.