AVIC411.com

Pixel size for custom backgrounds?

• 1 year later...
[quote name="Cirbirus"]I now make my images 480x234 pixels since that is the native resolution of the LCD. I know it's anal but I really notice the stretching it does when it converts from 500x240 to the native 480x234.[/quote]
Hi Cirbirus,
Where did you find that spec for native resolution of the panel? I too am "peticular", so I know what you mean. Anytime you have a LCD panel with a native resolution, it is always better to design to that if you are looking for a 1:1 picture. I looked on Pioneers web, and the have something goofy printed for native: 1440x234... I am not sure where that comes from... (listed same for Z1 & Z2) but the aspect ratio is WAY off with that. Hence the curiosity for where you got your number?
Thanks.
piomx5, that thread is just over a year old. If he isn't here any more... trust me. His number is correct. If you want to be very particular, that's an excellent resolution. I don't remember how he got it, but it wasn't playing around, he got it somewhere. And I would bet money he is dead on. You make an image that exact resolution, when displaying on the screen, it's perfect.